Saturday, September 6, 2014

Review & Swatches: Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks

Hello daaaahlings!! As promised on today's post I will be reviewing and swatching Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipsticks (phew what a mouthful) !!! 


Now, these liquid lipsticks are in no way new, but they are new to me. I was not initially intrigued by them since I heard that they did dry glossy, and if you know me you know that I don't do glossy. But after seeing the newest shades in the range I decided to give them a try. I initially purchase Melted Berry and about two weeks later I purchased two additional shades in Melted Nude and Melted Candy!!




The liquid lipsticks come in cute little boxes, like the ones shown below. All the boxes come in different color correlating with the lipsticks actual shade. It's super simple, super cute packaging. 



The lipsticks come in a squeeze tube packaging, and you receive 0.4 oz product for $21. Which is an adequate amount of product considering the price; you'll never get through an entire one of these unless you're using it everyday! 




I will say that although the packaging looks big the lid actually takes up over 1/3 of the actual size!! 


The lipstick does not come with a regular bullet applicator, but instead with a fuzzy foam tip applicator. Alone it does the job, but I would actually suggest using a lip brush for a more precise application. (For my swatches below I did not, I only used the actual applicator that comes with the lipstick) Since, it if a fuzzy applicator it does tend to get messy rather quick, so if you don't like having messy makeup you will have to constantly clean your applicator!!


And I do mean they get super messy 

The Too Faced Melted Lipsticks are marketed as intensely pigmented liquid lipsticks with the shine of a gloss, lasting power of a stain! They do dry to a semi-glossy finish, but are not too sticky. I am not a fan of gloss, but I find that these are not too tacky or messy. 

They are incredibly pigmented!! The swatches below are done with only one swipe on my arm and lips! For the most part they usually last 6 hours on my lips, and leave stain behind one they do start to fade. I will say that the brighter the color the brighter the stain!! Since they are glossy they do not dry out the lips, but I don't find them moisturizing either. 

Left To Right: Melted Berry, Melted Candy, Melted Nude

Melted Berry:
All right, all right I am starting off my with absolute favorite one! Melted Berry is a beautiful and I mean gorgeous berry red shade, although it looks fuchsia in my picture! This is my absolute favorite one since I do not have anything that looks quite like this. It last around 7 hours on me before fading or drying my lips! It leaves behind a beautiful stain, so you don't have to worry about it when it fades. This is already my go to fall color!!



Melted Candy:
Melted Candy is a bright fuchsia colors! This is a very bright, summery color that will brighten up any ones complexion! This isn't usually the type of color that I go for, but I really like it! This shade last around 6 hours on my lips before fading or drying out my lips. It does not leave as nice of a stain as Melted Berry so you would have to worry about reapplying this throughout the day. 



Melted Nude:
Melted Nude is neutral nude, more of a yellow based brown nude rather than a rosy nude. This shade is most definitely not for everyone because it is such a brown nude, but I absolutely freaking love it SO MUCH!! Besides Meted Berry this is most definitely my second favorite from the three that I have! This shade last me around six hours before fading or drying my lips out, and this one does not leave any sort of stain! (DUH)




Overall I really enjoy these lipsticks! I definitely understand the hype they had when they first popped onto the scene! If you're not a huge fan of actual lipsticks then definitely try these out! You will definitely get the pigmentation of a lipstick without that sometimes drying consistency!! 
 I can imagine, like OCC Lip Tars, you could mix shades together to create different colors, so definitely play around with these if you own them!! I absolutely love the shades I own, and plan on buying more shades in the future!

You can purchase these liquid lipsticks on TooFaced.comSephora, and Ulta !!!








No comments:

Post a Comment