Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

Hey Dolls! This is the first review of the "review series" that I promised. Last night I went out to see the premiere of  Breaking Dawn Part 2. And I decided that it would be the perfect time to test out one of the lip products for you guys. I decided to go with NARS Train Bleu Velvet Matte Lip Pencil because it was more of a vampy lip color!

This is somewhat of a pricier item. At $25 this is the most expensive lip color I own. For $25 you get .008 Oz or 2.4 g of product. 

Packaging: 
The pencil comes in a small simple box with NARS logo and the products name as well as the amount of product contained.  The pencil itself is a like any other large pencil. With a sleek black outer interior and the color at the end of the pencil. This is a large stick, but feels more like a lipstick than a lip pencil. 






Product:
NARS Train Bleu Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is definitely a color for those who like someone thing a bit bolder. It is a dark vampy burgundy lip color. Perfect for this seasons trend for bold lips. It feels very velvety, like advertised. It feels more like a lipstick than a pencil. Compared to MAC's Matte Lipsticks this is creamier and easier to work with. The large pencil makes it easy to apply, at least for larger lips, it may be a hassle for those with smaller lips. It is opaque with the first layer and is quite build able. Since this is a matte pencil it will be a bit drying so I suggest moisturizing lips before hand. 


Like I said I wore this to the Breakin Dawn premiere. I am an olive/golden skin tone and it came off a bit dark on me.  Throughout the night it stayed on fairly well. It does transfer just a bit, so be careful when kissing someone. Throughout the night I drank soda, ate a caesar salad and popcorn, and even with this the fading was minimal. You could see fading at the corners of the mouth, but that's expected. Other than that you could barely tell that any of the product had come off. 


When first applied. 


After the night was over. 


Overall:
This product is definitely a good investment. There are 13 available shades of NARS Matte Lip Pencils ranging from nudes, to pinks, to this dark burgundy. I fell in love with this and this will definitely be in my purse for a long time. I would consider repurchasing this in the future. I know that at $25 it is a bit pricier, but this is a great gift for those looking to try new products. And a great way to make an impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment