Monday, November 19, 2012

Review: Stila Glaze Trio in Tiki Set

Excuse the delay on the next review. I got rather busy with work meeting and getting a lot of things ready for a big move. Today I'm going to review Stila's Tiki Set Lip Glaze Trio. 

I've said multiple times that I really dislike lip gloss. And this is somewhat an exception. 
The colors and the price are what originally attracted me to this set. For $12 you get three lip glazes. You get .005 oz or 1.5 ml of product. 


From left to right we have Guava, Tropical Punch, and Hibiscus. 

photo credit

Guava- Light nude, skin toned pink
Tropical Punch- Creamy red based pink. 
In the packaging it looks like a dark burgundy but comes out sheer on your lips. 
Hibiscus: medium pink with gold specks of light glitter.

Overall:
I'm still in a love hate relationship with these. I am an avid lipstick wearer and rarely, more close to never, wear lipgloss. The colors are a great combination. I was really excited for Tropical Punch but was really let down when I realized how sheer it was. I will probably not wear Hibiscus often because of the glitter. Originally I thought I would hate Guava, but this was my favorite. So much so that it hasnt come out of purse since these arrived. Guava and MAC's Twig lipstick are perfect for each other, and make the greatest nude for girl with an olive skin tone. 

This is a great gift for someone who is an avid lipgloss lover, anyone who is into these colors, or anyone who is looking for a gift under $15!

No comments:

Post a Comment