Friday, February 1, 2013

Review: MAC's Powder Blush in Burnt Pepper

Hello Dolls!! Today I bring you my second review of the new year. I'll be reviewing MAC's Powder Blush in Burnt Pepper. Recently I've been on a big MAC kick and since none of their eye products ever seem to grab my attention I thought I'd try my hand at some of their face products. Burnt Pepper is only the second blush I ever buy from MAC. This is a Pro Palette Refill Pan so it is cheaper than the one that comes in the compact.

At $17 you receive 6g/.21 oz. Which to me is a great deal since I don't really go through blushes that fast. 

Packaging:
The MAC Pro Palette Refills come in a small envelope type package. Made out of what feels like a combination of card stock and cardboard. It has the specifics of the product written on the outside (name of product, weight, etc.) I personally do not like this packaging. Not because of the material it is made out of but because of the hole in the middle of the packaging. I would be ok with this if the hole was covered by clear plastic or something, but since there is nothing to protect the product it makes it overly easy for something to damage your product. 





Product:
Burnt Pepper is described on the MAC website as a matte warm rich terracotta. Which is quite accurate. In the picture it does look to be more pinkish, but in real life it is a warm combination between orange and maroon. It is a color that suits all skin types. On lighter skin tones even blended out it would give you more of a darker, dramatic finish where for darker skin tones, especially olive tones like myself, it serves as a very nice natural color. Since it is matte it makes a nice contouring color, and makes it appear more natural. Unlike some matte blushes this one has more of a sating finish and is easily blendable as well as buildable in opacity. 


Swatch:
This swatch allows you to see the true color of the blush. As you can see it is less pink and more on the warm orange/maroon combination. 


Overall:
I am happily surprised at the quality of this blush. MAC eye products, especially their eyeshadows have made me wean away from buying any of their face products like blushes but I am glad I gave them a try. For $17 this is really worth it. You get great pigmentation, blendability and buildability. The amount of product you get is great because it will last.It's a great investment and I definitely see myself purchasing more in the future. 

Note: MAC Powder Blushes come in compacts also and those cost $20. Personally I prefer the refills because I can just place them in my ZPalette and it takes up a lot less room. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment