Saturday, February 2, 2013

Review: MAC Candy Yum Yum

Hello Dolls! By now a lot of you have probably heard a lot of people talking about MAC's Candy Yum Yum Lipstick. This lipstick came out with an old collection and gained a huge fan base, so much so that when put up agaisnt other limited edition lipstick the public voted it to become permanent. I had heard of this lipstickf from many bloggers and vloggers but never really gave it much though. Falling into the bandwagon I went to order it last month but it was sold out. Everywhere!!! Finally it was back in stock and I picked it up.

Packaging:
 The packaging for this lipstick is just like every other MAC Lipstick/Product. It comes in black box that feels like a combination of cardstock and cardstock embossed with white script. There is nothing special about this packaging. Unlike the pro eyeshadow packaging there is absolutely nothing I don't like about this packaging. It's sturdy and if anything does happen to the package nothing will happen to the actual product.


Product:
Candy Yum Yum is described on the MAC website as a neon pink. While this it is a bright pink I wouldn't necessarily call it "neon". This is a matte lipstick, but with almost a satin finish. It isn't drying at all. In the tube it looks more like a bright hot pink, but when swatched it comes out more of a brightt baby pink. It comes out opaque at the first swipe but is still buildable to brighter more opaque consistency.




Swatch:
Here I swatched it both on my hand and lips. This color is said to work on so many skin tones and although that rarely seems to be true, it truly does work for this lipstick. I am an olive/golden skin tone and it is rare for me to find a nice light pink lipstick that actually works for me.


Overall:
After purchasing this lipstick I can understand why there was such a big hype over it. It's a great color with a great consistency. I am a big fan of MAC lipsticks especially those with the matte finish and this did not let me down. In the tube this lipstick may look a bit scary and intimidating but once applied it looks so nice. The creamy finish to it makes it incredibly comfortable to wear. If your looking for a new pink lipstick or just interested in looking into joining the newest trend I would certainly suggest looking into this lipstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment