Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review and Swatches: Inglot AMC Gel Liners

Hello Dolls!
Today I'm bringing you a review on a product I've been super excited to try out for a long time! Inglot AMC Gel Liner. If you've been around the makeup community for the past two years or so these have gotten a lot of buzz. I've had these six shades sitting in my wish list for the past three month and finally decided to go ahead and buy them!
 I picked up six shades at one go. Most of them in the blue/purple color family and the two must haves a black and white liner! The white liner being my favorite! I have a thing for doing a double liner with black and white so I've had my eyes on this white liner for a little over a year!

Packaging  
The gel liners come in a small jar that contain 5.5G/0.19 US OZ. The liners are filled to the top and have a good amount of product for the $12 you spend. The jar is clear and comes with a black lid, in white writing there is the Inglot logo on the side of the jar and on the other it contains the specific shade number. The shade number is also stamped on the sticker at the bottom of the jar along with the amount of product and address of the Inglot store

 






Product: 
These gel liners are probably unlike any other gel liner you've ever tried, and this means that you're either going to love them or hate them! Unlike other gel liners these are not a thick gel consistency, they are more liquidy. Almost like a really thick liquid liner, or rather think acrylic paint.  These eyeliners are incredibly pigmented and incredibly waterproof. And I am not kidding when I say "incredibly waterproof"! It took four makeup wipes and a good washing with soap and water to remove the thick swatches off of my arm. Since I did do thick swactches I don't think you'll have to go to that extent to remove these off of your eyes, but don't expect them to budge during the day! This also comes into play when it comes to how well you are at applying eye liner, because one mistake could cost you your entire makeup look! 

Swatches: 
(Below I've provided swatches in both natural lighting as well as using  flash!)

AMC Gel Liner #74: Dark, eggplant purple
AMC Gel Liner #83: Royal almost blue base purple
AMC Gel Liner #77: Rich opaque black






AMC Gel Liner #86:  forest green
AMC Gel Liner #87:  true teal
AMC Gel Liner #76: opaque white



Overall: 
These gel liners are completely unlike any other gel liner I have ever owned. They are incredibly pigmented and opaque! The only downside to these is that the consistency is so thin and watery that you basically have to practice you're liner routine even if you already had it down. For $12 you get a great amount of product and with such a diverse variety of colors you'll never run out of ideas. Most other coloured liners with such great consistency cost almost double the price with half the product! I'm definitely excited to play around with these a lot more, and will definitely pick up more shades in the future!

*Disclaimer* All products reviewed in this post have been purchased with my own money and therefore are my own inindividual thoughts and opinions. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh god that white! I might need it in my life. And the black. My current liquid liner is so expensive I've been looking for something that will work similar. NEEEDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited about the white! And the black, I kid you not, it was that opaque with only one swipe! For $12 it is so worth it!

      Delete
  2. 86 or 87? Love them both!
    Which one works better for you?

    ReplyDelete