Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review and Swatches: Rimmel Long Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss

Hello Dolls!
Today I bring you a review for a new lipstick that was released recently from Rimmel. Rimmel and Kate Moss partnered up again and released ten new shades of matte lipsticks. I finally found them in stock at a local WalMart and decided to pick up three to review for you guys!


Packaging:   
Unlike the common black or purple packaging of Rimmel London lipsticks the new Matte lipsticks come in  cherry red colored tube with Kate Moss' signature inscribed on the side of the lid. Besides that there is not much variation in the packaging. On the top of the lid the Rimmel logo is stamped and on the bottom there is a sticker that contains the specific lipstick shade number as well as Rimmel London's manufacturing or distribution address, im not quite sure which. 


Product: 
The new lipstick collection consists of ten different shades all in the same pink/red undertones. There is not much variation in the color range. The most unique shade in this collection is a coral based orange that just wasn't for me. A year or so Rimmel initially partnered with Kate Moss and they created a lipstick line known mostly for its sleek black package, all of them with a creme finish. Unlike the black packaged lipsticks the new red lipsticks are all a velvet matte finish. They are long lasting, which means they'll last at least four hours on your lips perfectly, unless you plan on eating or kissing anyone. Unlike most matte lipsticks these are not drying on the lips and are actually a bit moisturizing.  All  of these lipsticks are incredibly pigmented at the first swipe, and can easily be built up to a more opaque finish.
These lipsticks range from $4 to $6 depending on where you buy them. 




 Swatches: 

I decided to pick up three shades, since these are the only three that really interested me at the time. I picked up two shades I would  usually wear, a nude and a dark plum. I also picked up a shade that I normally don't wear, which is a baby pink, but I couldn't pass it up because it's a rare, non chalky, amazingly pigmented baby pink! 
 
 
 #102: light red based baby pink
#104: neutral mauve rose (close dupe for MAC's Twig)
#107: dark red plum

 Overall:
I overall had really low expectations for these lipsticks. I mean, good matte lipsticks from the drugstore, as if that could happen! But, wow, I was surprisingly surprised. These lipstick are long wearing as well as moisturizing. The pigmentation for these are also impeccable. I managed to get my hands on these for under five dollars, and for how good these are I would be willing to pay triple the price. If you can find these in stock at your local drugstore, I would definitely suggest picking up at least one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment