Friday, June 8, 2012

Big Lots! Haul

Wait, what? Do people do these!? Hauls from Big Lots!?
Any who don't you just love it when you find cool stuff for cheap prices at the most random places?!
I do!! I do!! 

Today, a new Big Lots! opened up near my mall and my mother and I decided to pay it a visit, and I found some nifty little finds. So without further ado I present to you my Big Lots! haul. (Would you even consider this a haul if there's only three different things?!)


First of all
The ELF Beauty Book
Neutral Eye Set, $5.00




This, like it says, is a neutral eye set. It comes with six eye shadows, an eyeshadow applicator, an eye liner, and a small size version of their very popular eye primer. 
On the other side of the beauty book there are basic instructions on how to create a look using the shadows and liner in the palette. 



Overall the colors are quite nice. The palette contains two mattes, two shimmer, and two mattes with small traces of glitters. It contains the basic necessary colors to create a look. A highlight, some bright light shades, and some darker shades leave options for a smokey eye. 


Overall for a $5 palette the shadows are nicely pigmented. The second shadow from the left is a bit chalky, but besides that they are great colors. 


Secondly, we have the ELF 32 Piece Cool Eyeshadow Palette.
$5.00


This palette is perfect for spring and summer make up looks! It has a great range of colors in the grey, blue, purple, pink, and green range of the color spectrum. And perfectly for summer and the big trend right now, most of the shades are pastels!
Also, the packaging for this palette is very sleek, and clean. I love the way the case looks. 



Greys. 
Most of these are blue tones greys. They are quite nice if you want to do a sublet smokey eye. 
The darker colors do come off a bit chalky and there really is no black in the palette, nor a color that you could substitute for a black.

Blues. 
The blues in this palette are very pretty. You get a lovely light blue, and a lovely sea foam green color. All of the blues no matter the color do feel like pastel versions of the original colors, perfect for summer looks. 
They are very soft, perfect blues for people who, like me, don't usually wear blue, and these colors happen to be the least chalky of the entire palette.


Purples. 
This is a really nice combination of pinks and purples. You get a nice variation of colors. From a light, light pink to a dark magenta. You do get different tones of lilac and lavender in this palette. The purples are very nicely pigmented and smooth. Only one comes out really chalky, and that would be the light pink , located at the beginning of the swatches. 



 Greens & Yellows
I was super excited about the greens in this palette because it contained such a pretty mint green color that i had not been able to find in any other palette. 
This row of the palette has three yellow colors. One that when packed on creates a yellow based white, and will be good as a highlight. A true yellow and a really yellow based lime green. The rest of the colors are all green based colors. From a true mint to a darker forest green, that does come off a bit sheer. 
*I have already created a look using the greens in this palette and lets just say I was a bit disappointed in the mint I was so excited about. but more on that when I post the actual look*

And finally...False Lashes from Diamond Cosmetics. $2.00 each. 

I bought three pairs of lashes. I'm only showing too because I bought two of the same pair.
I was quite excited to see these at Big Lots! They are very pretty. They are synthetic lashes, with a thick band. I don't know how excited I am about that yet. They also come with their own glue, which I probably won't use.

The first pair is are nice full thick lashes perfect for a night out. I was really excited about these because they look so nice. This is the pair that I bought two of. Mostly because they look so nice and I can tell I will probably fall in love with these. 

This is the second pair of lashes. And I really regret not buying two of these. After I opened these at home I fell in love with the design, the overlapping lashes forming little triangles. They have the most perfect flutter to them and look really wispy. 


Overall I was surprised at what I found at Big Lots! I found some really nice things for really cheap. I would really suggest hitting up your local Big Lots! to see if you can find anything cool!!


No comments:

Post a Comment