Saturday, August 6, 2011

Essie's Nail Polish

My nail two hours after I had originally painted it with Essie's Dive Bar.
I will be the first to admit that  I absolutely fell in love wit Essie colours. I will also admit that I've been constantly let down by the formula. I did my nails yesterday and before I went to bed one of my nails was completely chipped. This formula completely fails me. Like I said, I love the colour, but in order to get the colour that I want, basically the one that I see in the bottle I have to use about four to five coats. The consistency is so sheer for most of the polishes I own from Essie's. Paying eight dollars for such  a small bottle  just feels like I'm being ripped off horribly. Honestly, I feel like wet n' wild, and Sinful Colours from drugstores are a better alternative. On the higher end OPI, and China Glaze  are also greater, and for basically the same price, you're getting almost twice the product. I don't think I'll be purchasing Essie polishes any more, unless it's a really specific colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment