Monday, November 12, 2012

Review: Sugarpill Chromalust Loose Eyeshadow in Magpie

Hello Dolls! A couple of days ago I received a small package in the mail with a cute blue kitten on it, and we all know what that means! Sugarpill!! I made an order last week for a new Love+ shadow since my old one got destroyed, and since I didn't want to order just one thing I picked up the one loose shadow that I have been lusting over for a while. Magpie!!

Packaging: 
What can I say about Sugarpill packaging that I haven't said before!? I've always loved their cute packaging. Their pigments come in a small box with the Sugarpill logo in the front. There is also a small cutout that allows you to see the color. At the bottom of the box there is a sticker with the shadows name, the shadows symbol that all pigments have and the ingredients. 





Magpie
Magpie is a metallic blue with black undertones and turquoise sparkles.  This is one of the darker Sugarpill Loose Shadows. Like the majority of Sugarpill's Loose Shadows this is a vegan and cruelty free product. It is very very silky to the touch. 
You can use this shadow wet and dry. Like all pigments they are prone to fall out when used dry. I found this shadow very easy to work with and incredibly pigmented when wet. When dry the color is more muted, and even with a primer, even a sticky primer, I find that the shadow gradually falls off and fades during the day. Normally I use it wet and blend it out with a small amount of dry pigment on my brush. 


Swatches
Left swatch is the pigment dry, the right swatch is the pigment wet with LA Splash Sealer. 

Natural Lighting


 Flash 


This is what I meant when I said that the shadow will gradually fall off and fade through out the day. I left the swatches on my arm for an hour. I tried to do as little as possible in this hour, I was on the computer, grabbed some food, and read a few chapters on my kindle. After this hour you can clearly tell that the dry swatch completely came off only leaving a small stain, while the wet swatch stayed on perfectly. 


Final Thoughts
I knew there was a reason as to why I lusted over this shadow so much. It's such a lovely metallic color.  Incredibly pigmented too!! I need to work with it a bit more, during a longer day to make sure the staying power is there, but if it's anything like other Sugarpill pigments I don't have anything to worry about!! 

Thanks for reading loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment