Monday, June 10, 2013

2 in 1 Review and Swatches: Coastal Scents Hot Pots & Empty Palettes

Hello Dolls! Today I bring you two reviews in one, both from the same company. About two months ago while reading random blog posts I ran into swatches of Coastal Scents Hot Pots, single eyeshadows, so obviously I immediately searched the internet for more swatches. I hadn't really paid attention to Coastal Scents in a while and didn't realize they sold shadows in single pans, so I decided to press my luck and buy a few. A long with purchasing the shadows I decided to get the empty palette designed specifically for these shadows. 
In this review I will be speaking about about both the shadows as well as the discussing palette briefly.



Packaging:
Coastal Scents has really kicked it up a notch since the last time I made a purchase from them. CS has three different palettes available for purchase, a single pan, or palettes that hold 4, 12, or 28 single shadows. They range from $4-$19 in price, but are completely worth more! These palettes come with the Coastal Scents logo printed on the cover and the website printed on the back. It's credibly sturdy in, and a good shape. It feels heavier than other empty palettes, which is a good thing, and comes with a massive mirror. The 12 pan, which I purchased is a bit larger than my hand and has handled various bumpy trips in my purse with no scratches. All of the palettes accommodate the CS pan eyeshadows, you could also fit MAC and Makeup Geek shadows in here
Now for the shadows. The CS "Hot Pots" are pan eyeshadows that go for $1.99 a piece with the same amount of product as MAC and MUG. You can choose from over than 375 different shades of eyeshadow on their website. The shadows arrive in a plastic packaging, until you remove them and place them in the palette of your choice. On the back of the pan the name, number, and coastal scents logo are imprinted.





Product:
Like I said before CS has an immense variety of over 375 shadows in their collection. It took me nearly two weeks to actually decide which 12 shadows I wanted to try. I have been on a bright kick lately and went for mostly bright colors. (And apparently I really like the color green) All of the shadows I picked up are incredibly pigmented, and not chalky. Which is surprising since most bright colored shadows tend to be chalky, especially when they cost $2! All of the shadows on the website have a name to them, but as you can see some of the pan I received only come with a letter and a number. This is mostly because CS recently renamed all of their shadows.When I swatch these, I will be referring to them as they are named on the CS website. One thing I did not like about shopping with CS is that with such an array of shadows only certain shades actually have swatches to them on the website . This can make your purchase and decision a bit of a guessing game.


Swatches:

Vibrant Green: matte vibrant lemon green
Prehistoric Green: matte forest green
Pinerhurst: matte dark forest green
 


 Vibrant Lime Green: matte vibrant, almost neon lime green
Teal Green: (i don't get this name) matte vibrant teal
Deep Grape: matte deep royal purple



Coral: satin red coral with orange underones
Vibrant Pink: matte vibrant true pink
Magenta: matte purple based pink



Raisin Berry: metallic shimmering maroon
Elven Midnight: metallic silver/ light gunmetal
Rainstorm: satin black based royal blue


Overall:
I'm highly pleased with the quality of these eyeshadows. When you purchase eyeshadows at $2 a piece you don't necessarily expect a lot. But Coastal Scents has completely shined! All of the shadows are super easy to work with, and have amazing texture no matter the finish of the actual shadows. They're all so pigmented that I caught myself saying "Wow!" multiple times. The palette also left no room for anything else be desired. The quality of all of these products is beyond excellent! I would definitely suggest looking into this makeup company. I have purchased many palettes and brushes from them, and have never been let down!

No comments:

Post a Comment