Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Celtic Caviar


A big trend in nail art right now is bright colors and something called "nail caviar". Essentially nail caviar is basically small micro beads placed on your nails over nail polish. What seems to be the most popular and well known nail caviar is Ciate Ciate Caviar Manicure. I wanted to purchase the product so I could try it out, but the price threw me off. 
$25 dollars for a set. Although the set does come with a Pot Nail Polish, The Caviar Pearls, a funnel and a tray, it did not seem worth my money. 
I sucked it up and saved my money. 
But on a trip to my local sally's I found a little pot of microbeads for only $3.79!! I grabbed them, as well as a bright yellow polish and got to work!!


What you will need:
Base Coat
Nail Polish of your choice,
I chose Celtic Sun by China Glaze. 
Silver Micro Beads
Top Coat

How To Place Micro Beads
Paint all of your nails with the nail polish you have chosen.
You can either let your polish dry and use a top coat to adhere the beads which is what I did, 
or do it right on top of your wet polish. 
Place Micro Beads on a flat surface, or a small plate and place your wet finger nail on the beads, making sure they cover your entire nail, or the section you wish to cover. 
Let the polish dry and let the beads set. 
Cover all of your nails with a strong top coat and voila your done!!

You can do all of your nails if you wish or just do one accent nail. 

*Microbeads, no matter which ones you use, have a tendency to fall off at random times, so be prepared to lose some here and there*

China Glaze Celtic Sun

Silver microbeads

Nail Close Up
*Excuse the flash*


2 comments: