Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pastel Gradient Nails

So after a month hiatus of refusing to do my nails I finally decided to do this method of gradient nails. They came out.......ok. 


What you'll need:

Base Coat I used Orly's Bonder 
and a top coat to seal the finished product, I used Orly's In A Snap, my all time favorite top coat. 



After applying one layer of top coat apply one layer of a light colored base coat. I went with Sand Tropez by Essie. You could use a white polish, but I find white a bit too harsh. 


After allowing your base to dry thoroughly take three or four colors of your choice and layer them in the pattern of your choice. 
I used Orly's Cotton Candy, Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac and Orly's Gumdrop. 
After applying the colors on your make up sponge gently press it onto your nails, doing your best to avoid your cuticle bed. It will take two to three coats to make it opaque so make sure you keep reapplying the colors on your sponge between coats. 


Beware you will get a mess, but you can clean it up with a cotton swab dipped in nail polish remover. Gently and carefully go around your nails cleaning up the mess. 



Apply your top coat and voila. There you have your gradient nails. :3



i hope you enjoyed these nails. 
keep a look out for more nail "tutorials" coming your way. 
much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment