Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beautylish Boutique; Sugarpill First Impressions

 After months of teasing it's lovely users Beautylish has finally opened it's Boutique!!
Beautylish announced a little earlier this year that they were planning on opening a boutique for its users, after waiting months I finally got my invitation to shop! As announced every month they will partner up with a new make up brand to give it's user access to the brands top products as well as special deals and offers. Beautylish decided to open it's doors with a bang. Sugarpill!! One of the most talked about brands, one of my favorite brands! Beautylish offered all of Sugarpills cult favorites like their palettes, and loose pigments. But they also offered exclusive eyelashes, and the very much sought after limited eyeshadow @#$%! (that's not a typo, thats the name!!) After a couple of weeks I finally gathered up enough money and allowed myself to buy myself a "little" early birthday present. 

*for more indepth information on Beautylish's bouttique and Sagarpill, like shipping time, pro's and cons, packaging reviews and such please take a look at the video provided below!*


Package and Contents

My purchase arrived quite quickly, but the box that it arrived in was a little scuffed. It arrived in a white box with OBSESSED written on it in big bold letters. Why obsessed? I have no idea. 




The palettes and shadows came stacked like shown before, but they where wrapped in cute paper in an amazing neon highlighter yellow color, but I didnt get a picture of that.


Underneath the palettes and shadows there where two little "post card" type papers. One with OBSESSED written on an aluminum almost mirror like paper. I love this, I think this one may be going on my wall.
Once again, OBSESSED. I need to figure out the meaning behind this....


The other card is somewhat of a "Thank you for your purchase" card. It tells you which number shopper you are, I'm #67 out of a possible #300. This indicates how many possible shoppers there can be for this month, I guess.
And finally we get the answer for our OBSESSED mystery.
The top of the card reads "WE'RE TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH MAKEUP." So there we go, our obsession is out in the open!!


Single Pressed Shadows:
I purchased Bulletproof because I heard through the grapevine that it was one of the best black matte shadows out there. Also, I got @#$!, a limited edition shimmery red shadow for free!! Yes, free! With the purchase of the Heart Breaker palette Beautylish threw this shadow into your purchase.

The packaging is such a plus for these shadows and palettes, theyr'e sooo cute!


First of @#$%!
This is a limited edition shadow that first came out at IMATS. I had been craving it but I never thought I'd have the option to have it, but here it is!!


@#$%! is a very shimmery red color. And I mean shimmery! It's creamy in texture and very blendable. The best thing is that, unlike many shimmery eyeshadows with ultra glitter, the glitter in this stays put once on the lid and blended out.



Secondly, the very popular Bulletproof.
Once again, look at this packaging!!


 Bulletproof is such a lovely matte, but I was disappointed when I opened up my shadow.
As you can see, my shadow arrived in pieces. I had heard that this happens to alot of people, so I was not so bummed. I can still use it as a pigment.
It is still one of the best matte blacks I've used.



 *After tweeting of this accident Beautylish got to me within five minutes of me sending this tweet out and emailed me telling me that they will do their best to get a replacement out to me as fast as possible*
Swatches
Right: Bulletproof  Left: @#$%!
Look at all that shimmer on @#$%!

Palettes:
Recently Sugarpill repackaged their palettes, and like always they are amazing!! They're packaging boxes are still the same, but the package that holds the shadows are new, and beautiful!!


First off, we have the brand new Heart Breaker palette. This just came out earlier this year in May. i was iffy about the colors because they're not typically the colors that I am drawn to. But after seeing the shadows on women with golden skin tone like myself, I had to have it. They're so amazing. 



Top: 2AM, Acidberry
Bottom: Mochi, Velocity
 Swatches: 

Left to Right: Acidberry, Velocity, 2AM, Mochi

Acidberry: a somewhat shimmery lime green.
Velocity: A true true royal blue with a hint of shine
2AM: Matte plummy/pinkish purple
Mochi: Light matte mint blue

And finally, we have the very popular Sweetheart palette. This is a favourite for many people out there. And a palette I have been after for months now!! My first Sugarpill purchase was between this palette and the Burning Heart palette, and the Burning Heart palette won.


Is it sad to say that my favourite color in this palette is Tako, the white. It's such a true true white, beyond belief, snow white!!

Top: Dollipop, Afterparty
Bottom: Midori, Tako

Swatches:

Left to Right: Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, Tako
Dollipop: A true ridiculously bright pink
Afterparty: A bright turquoise with a slight sheen. 
Midori: A bright green with a slight sheen
Tako: A true matte, opaque white

Overall, even with the slight problem with Bulletproof, I am so glad I made the purchase.  Shipping was quick and my package arrived quickly! The shadows are amazingly pigmented, and the packaging was so cute. If you guys have the opportunity and ability to purchase from the Beautylish Boutique, whether it be now or for another launch I suggest you do so!! They wont let you down!



No comments:

Post a Comment