Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review: Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick in Playfull

Hey Dolls! A couple of days ago I was out with my best friend and we stopped at a local Ulta. I wasn't planning on purchasing anything but Tarte sucked me in. For a while I've been lusting for a Tarte lipstick since I've heard how amazing they are.

At $26 for .07 oz of product this is a huge investment. I decided to take the plunge and bought one that I knew I'd wear often since at almost thirty dollars I wasn't going to dare buy something I would never wear. 

Packaging:
The lipstick comes in a small pink box with a pattern that resembles the package of the actual lipstick. The packaging for the actual lipstick is beautiful. It is a strong bamboo with an almost tribal design in the same color of the actual lipstick. This is a plus since it allows you to see which lip color is which. The only downside to this packaging is that the tube is rather long and makes it seem like you get more product than you actually do. 





Product:
Playful is described by Tarte as a purple rose hue. It's such a nice color. It is very subtle but a nice color for all occasions. This lipstick, although a matte, is very moisturizing and long lasting. It does not bleed or fade. Although for me it does wear for the advertised 12 hours, it does last a long time. It is opaque with the first layer. My only warning for this would be to be very careful with it because it is a very soft product and vulnerable to easy breaking. 


I put this color on soon after I bought it since I was heading to a baby shower. I was wearing a purple smokey eye with glitter and the almost neutral color of this lipstick toned down the boldness of my eyes. 


Overall:
This is great product. At $26 it is worth the money. Although I dont plan on running out the door to purchase more I do see myself purchasing more in the future. It is a great long lasting, hydrating lipstick. This color especially is super versatile as it can be the highlight of your look or can tone down a dark look. Since purchased this lipstick has not left my purse because it's a great go to lipstick when in a rush. 


Where to purchase:






No comments:

Post a Comment