Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First Impressions: MAC Archie's Girl Collection Lipsticks

Hello Dolls! As you may all have heard last week MAC released it's long anticipated Archie's Girls Spring Collection. Every since I was a young girl I've been a fan of the Archie comics and I couldn't pass on this collection at all. I managed to get my hands of five of the six lipsticks in the collection. 
This collection was divided in two, since the makeup was based off of Betty and Veronica, there where equal amounts of lipstick for both. Half of the collection consisted of more natural, day time colors and the other half of more night time, dark and bright colors.
Since I only picked up the lipstick I am going to swatch these for you, and since I only recieved them yesterday I wont be doing a full review, only first impressions. 

*This collection has already been released online, but it will be released at all MAC locations on Febuary 7th. This collection is limited edition.*


Packaging:
 Like all MAC limited edition collections the packages for these product have a little something special. And that little something special is that the packages are completely redone. The outer packaging is a white box, in change of the regular black, with the Archie's Girls logo. It pictures Betty, Archie and Veronica with the mac logo underneath, all of which are surrounded by little red hearts. Perfect for valentines day. 
The actual lipstick packaging is just as cute. The lipstick still comes in the bullet tube but the tube is also white, with a gloss finish. The MAC logo is placed on the lid, in the bottom portion of the lid it has the picture of either Veronica or Betty. This corresponds with the lipstick color and who it represents. 
I am absolutely a sucker for cute packaging and MAC went all out for this collection.   




Product and Swatches

Since these are limited edition these lipstick do cost $16.50 compared to the $15 for regular mac lipstick, and you receive 3 g / 0.1 US oz of product. You are essentially getting the same amount of product as a regular MAC lipstick, but since the packaging is completely redone and extra $1.50 is not going to break the bank. 


Veronica Lipstick:
Veronica's Lipstick are the more colorful of the collection. Veronica is the rich girl, more in tune with fashion and is incredibly sultry and glamorous. I ordered all three of the Veronica lipsticks, since they are all the colors I tend to usually wear. 

From left to right:
Boyfriend Stealer: Deep Blackened Plum (Creemsheen)
Daddy's Little Girl:  Midtone violet pink (satin)
Ronnie Red: Bright red (matte)

 Betty Lipsticks:
Betty's Lipsticks are the more natural side of the collection. Betty is the girl next door, more innocent but still knows how to pack a punch. Since these are lighter colors I only ordered two. The only color missing is Girl Next Door which is a light blue pink in a lustre finish, which does not work at all with my skin tone so I decided to skip it.


From Left to Right:
Oh, oh, oh: Sheer Brown Plum (lustre)
Betty Bright: light vibrant peach/coral (satin)

Overall:
I am happily pleased with the collection. The colors are great. Although Boyfriend Stealer is came out more sheer than expected and Betty Bright may be a bit too bright/light for my skin tone, those are all little things I can fix by using the right lip liner. This has to be one of the best MAC collections to have come out in the past year definitely. I would suggest definitely going to pick some up or even just to go look at them if you're on the fence. The packaging is to die for, and the lipstick wont let you down either.

No comments:

Post a Comment